Please submit your answers for lesson 9 using this form.
Place a check mark next to the TRUE statements below.
Select the correct answers below.
1. God pledged salvation to those who:
Never have heard the Gospel
Pray to ask Jesus to come into their hearts
Are simply "sincere"
Respond to the Gospel message in "obedience of faith"
2. People are lost because:
They have not heard the
They are not a member of a
Their parents sinned
They have sinned
3. The inspired writers of the New Testament placed a great emphasis on the necessity of being:
4. Ignorance of a particular law does what?
Excuses us from penalties
Means we are not bound by
Means we technically cannot break the law
Does not excuse us from that
5. Which of the following are necessary for salvation?
Belief in Christ as the Son
Being baptized for the remission of sins
1. Matthew 28:19-20: "Go therefore and make disciples of all the
, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, teaching them to observe all things that I have commanded you; and lo, I am with you always, even to the end of the age."
2. Hebrews 10:26: "For if we
willfully after having received the knowledge of the truth, there no longer remains a sacrifice for sins."
3. John 1:29: "The next day, John saw Jesus coming toward him and said, 'Behold! The
of God who takes away the sin of the world!'"
4. Romans 10:17: "So then
comes by hearing, and hearing by the word of God."
5. John 14:15: "If you love Me,
6. Matthew 7:21: "Not everyone who says to Me, 'Lord, Lord' shall
the kingdom of heaven, but he who does the will of My Father in heaven."
7. Matthew 15:8-9: "These people draw near to Me with their mouth, and honor Me with their lips, but their heart is far from Me. And in
they worship Me, teaching as doctrines the commandments of men."
1. Boa and Moody correctly observed: "People are not lost because they have not heard. They are lost because they are
2. Josh McDowell and Don Stewart wrongly asserted: "We do believe that every person will have the opportunity to
, and that God will not exclude anyone because he happens to be born at the wrong place and at the wrong time."
3. Kurt DeHaan correctly stated: "Sincerity is important, but it's not an adequate substitute for knowing the
4. A.H. Strong incorrectly stated: "We have, therefore, the hope that even among the heathen there may be some...who under the guidance of the Holy Spirit working through the truth of na-ture and conscience, have found the way to life and
5. Virgil Warren wrongly wrote: "Our opinion is that scripture does not automatically assign the
to endless hell."
Copyright © 2001-Apologetics Press, Inc.
We'd love to know where in the world our website visitors are coming from so we hope you'll fill
out the contact information. We will not ask for contributions, no one will contact you against your
wishes and your contact information will remain confidential.